Melancholy Blood - Act 1
|Melancholy Blood - Act 1|
|Authoring system||ADRIFT 3.9|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The player is asked for his name.
It's Wednesday. You are a 16 year-old male student with few friends. It's the end of the school day, and Teacher wants you to pack up and go. You'd like to get a drink from the vending machine down the corridor.
- About halfway through the game, the PC must make a major decision, choosing between two different storylines that fork from that decision point.
- Appears to be inspired by Japanese anime, at least in the characters' names and their appearances.
- Sparse worldbuilding. There are very few items in the game, and some of the locations are undescribed.
- Heavy use of forcefed commands -- that is, the game tells you exactly what the player must type -- and textdumps. Problematically, several of the forcefed commands have to be entered in a location other than the PC's current one, and there's never any reminder of what needs to be done when the PC arrives there.
Twin Comp Release
- Melancholy Blood - Act 1 (DannyL7773; 02-Oct-2009; ADRIFT 3.9).