|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
You are a guest on a masquerade, who has somehow ended up involved into a duel with the countess. You are now in the palace's garden, along with the countess, your second (Ferdinand) and the countess's second (Onegin). You are carrying a playscript and a cutlass, and you are wearing a jester's motley.
There is no chance to win this duel, but after a few deaths you are given a hint to "wake up". Once you do, you find yourself back in the past, with an opportunity to change the duel's outcome.
- 25 different endings, depending on the player's actions.
- Only a small selection of verbs is available to the player at any given time; they are listed in the "playscript" item in the inventory. Special verbs become available, depending on what costume the player character is wearing.
- Instead of the standard compass directions, the directions available in the game are "past", "future", "clockwise" and "counter-clockwise".
- Midnight. Swordfight. (Chandler Groover; 01-Oct-2015; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 151019 / Inform 7 build 6L38 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)
- IF Comp 2015: 3rd place of 53 entries. 1st place in the Miss Congeniality contest.
- XYZZY Awards 2015: Winner of Best Immplementation. Finalist for Best Use of Innovation, Best Game, Best NPCs, Best Individual NPC, Best Writing.
- Midnight. Swordfight. (Chandler Groover; 05-Jan-2017; Glulx).
- Release 2 / Serial number 161106 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)
- Originally created for display at the Hand Eye Society's WordPlay 2016 showcase.
- Review - by Gwenelan.
- Review - by Emily Gaudette.
- Review - by Gabriel Murray.
- Review - by Jason Dyer.
- Review - by Brendan Caldwell.
- Review - by Christopher Huang.
- Review - by Emily Short.