Difference between revisions of "Speed-IF Neologism"
(→Links: added link to the next Speed-IF (Speed-IF Copyright))
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The fifty-eighth Speed-IF ran from May 13th to May 15th, 2006 and was organized by [[N. B. Horvath
The fifty-eighth Speed-IF ran from May 13th to May 15th, 2006 and was organized by [[N. B. Horvath]].
Latest revision as of 03:13, 22 November 2017
The fifty-eighth Speed-IF ran from May 13th to May 15th, 2006 and was organized by N. B. Horvath.
The book object text
My close personal friend N. B. Horvath has agreed to run the speedIF this weekend. Details are at http://nbhorvath.blogspot.com/2006/05/speedif-neologism.html. When you finish your game, sign below or post a comment to the blog entry.
The blog entry text
New speed-IF this weekend! This event was inspired by the beta release of Inform 7, but you may use any programming language you like. Here are the parameters (submitted, Mad Libs-style, by the denizens of ifMUD). Write a game that includes all of the following elements:
- The following new words:
- nockle, noun: The phenominally unsuccessful miniaturized French Horn, now almost forgotten.
- flugulate (floo-gyu-layt), v.i.: To run about wildly in an attempt to catch a piece of paper that has been caught up in a breeze
- zomg, noun: Sharp corners, esp. of household furniture.
- A poem of no more than six lines. The poem must contain each of the following three lines (these lines can appear anywhere in the poem, in any order):
- Only in the spring does love turn to dust.
- One thing remains, that no more monkeys roam
- With thirty waking moments to her name
- Either the Irish setter or the Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen.
Deadline is Monday night, May 15. Try to spend no more than two hours coding. Post a link to your results in a comment to this post or on ifMUD when finished. Go!
- Alma Mater (Roger Carbol; 13-May-2006; Z-code).
- Captain Cumshot's Second Adventure: The Rim Job (Jake Wildstrom; 14-May-2006; Z-code).
- Define Far (N. B. Horvath; 14-May-2006; Z-code).
- Expedition (Jon Rosebaugh; 14-May-2006; Z-code).
- A Minimum Wage Job (John Cater; 14-May-2006; Z-code).
- Revenge of the Nockle : A Speed IF (Josh Giesbrecht; 13-May-2006; Z-code).