(Redirected from IFID:7DE4FA5DF4F690EB3010E2C2974E54A4)
For other games called The Mansion, see Mansion (disambiguation).
|Authoring system||Quest 3.12|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
Your wealthy uncle, a scientist, has just died unexpectedly of a heart attack at age 55, and you inherit everything. But you're suspicious. Your family has never had any history of heart problems and your uncle was healthy until his death.
You begin in the entrance hall of your uncle's huge mansion, carrying a map of the ground floor. You want to investigate and find out what really happened to your uncle.
- Family Home Mystery. This game is a good example of this common text adventure premise.
- The optional graphics are diagrams of the first and second floors of the mansion that appear in pop-up windows when the PC looks at the respective map objects within the game. Although very useful as a navigation aid, the game can still be played without them.
- Puzzlefest. Most of the game play involves solving puzzles to gain access to more of the mansion's many rooms.
- Red herrings. Not every object you find is useful, and one object is a red herring.
- Multiple endings. However, they are all based on what you do in the final location and are not influenced by actions taken earlier in the game.
Trivia and Comments
- This game is one of four Quest games included with the QDK 4.0 package.
- The Mansion (Nick Dablin; 31-Jan-2004; Quest 3.12).
The zipfile contains:
- themansion.asl - The story file.
- readme.txt - A note from the author.
- groundfloormap.jpg - Map of the ground floor of the mansion.
- secondfloormap.jpg - Map of the second floor of the mansion.
- La Mansión (translator: Jhames; 17-Jan-2008; Quest; Spanish).
- The Mansion - at textadventures.co.uk.
- TUID wanted. (Please replace this line with a ifdb game template.)
- La Mansión ("The Mansion") - at WikiCAAD.
- Walkthrough - by the author.
|The Mansion series by Nick Dablin|
|The Mansion II|