Welcome to the Interactive Fiction Wiki
Tuesday, May 30, 2023
IFWiki is an encyclopedia of interactive fiction, including IF history, theory, craft, tools, and people. IFWiki serves as both a historical record of community knowledge and a guide to resources for playing and creating interactive fiction.
(See full-page calendar | Add an event )
Competitions and jams
- Spring Thing 2023 (Results announced: 16 May 2023)
- Text Adventure Literacy Jam 2023 (Submissions due: 31 May 2023)
- Adventure Jam 2023 (Submissions due: 10 Jun 2023)
- ParserComp 2023 (Submissions due: 30 Jun 2023)
- IFComp 2023 (Registration begins: 1 Jul 2023)
Meetings and conferences
- NarraScope 2023 (9–11 June 2023)
- ClubFloyd (weekly meeting)
- People's Republic of Interactive Fiction (monthly meeting)
- Seattle IF Group (monthly meeting)
- SF Bay Area Interactive Fiction Group (monthly meeting)
- 2 Mar 2023: IFWiki now has an interactive calendar of events on the Main Page, which contains the events you have added to the database using Form:Event. Scroll through months using the arrows, and click on any calendar item to go to its wiki page.
- 19 Nov 2022: IFWiki now checks for broken external links. To help fix the links, see Replacing dead links.
Feature of the Day
- A Crimson Spring (Robb Sherwin; 2000; Hugo).
- Dead of Winter (Gunther Schmidl; 2001; Z-code).
- The Dead of Winter (William Dooling as Theodidactus; 2019; ADRIFT 5).
- Doppy & Pru's Summer Holiday (The Doppelganger; 1985; MS-DOS).
- The Lion in Winter (Iain Merrick; 1999; TADS 2).
- The Midsummer Banquet (R. N. Dominick; 2002; TADS 3).
- Muse: An Autumn Romance (Christopher Huang; 1998; Z-code).
- She's Got a Thing for a Spring (Brent VanFossen; 1997; Z-code).
- Spellcasting 301: Spring Break (Legend Entertainment; 1992; MS-Windows).
- Winter Wonderland (Laura Knauth; 1999; Z-code).
- Winter Wonderland (Incentive Software; Spectrum).
- What is "interactive fiction"?
- How can I download and play IF?
- Where can I find out what games I might enjoy?
- Where can I talk with other people who are into IF?
(See all frequently asked questions)
Check out these articles!
- See Craft for how-to articles.
- See Theory for articles on IF concepts.
- See Starters if you're new to IF.
- Annual competitions like IF Comp, Spring Thing, and the XYZZY Awards.
- Parser-based authoring tools like ADRIFT, Dialog, Inform 6, Inform 7 and TADS 3.
- Choice-based authoring tools like ChoiceScript, Ink and Twine.
- Hybrid authoring systems like Quest.
- Retro-style parser authoring tools like Adventuron, PunyInform and ZIL.
- 23 May 2023: Moiki version 0.6.0
- 17 May 2023: QTads version 3.4
- 17 May 2023: DMagnetic version 0.37
- 30 Apr 2023: Emglken version 0.5.2
- 30 Apr 2023: Parchment version 2023.4.30
- 22 Apr 2023: PunyInform version 4.5
- 20 Feb 2023: Gargoyle version 2023.1
- 31 Jan 2023: FRISE version 1
- 26 Dec 2022: Ozmoo version 12.2
- 9 Dec 2022: Vezza version Pre-release
(Browse the software database at Drilldown: Software)
You want to help edit the IFWiki? Great!
- Check out the About IFWiki page for an overview.
- Read Help:Contents and How to edit IFWiki for detailed guidance.
You want to make a donation too?Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation. It is supported by the donations of IF supporters like you.