(Redirected from WoW Software)
Joan, based in Weymouth, Dorset, UK, was well known on the scene for her 'Witch of Wessex' (WoW) adventure helpline, and the launch of the WoW software arm was designed to fill the noticeable gap of adventure releases in the Amstrad CPC & PCW market. Joan ran the label along with her husband Maurice.
Publishing new titles and conversions, from authors such as Michael and Jane Trewhella, Bob Adams, Simon Avery and Steve Clay, as well as republishing older Amstrad games, WOW software won multiple UK Adventurers' Convention awards for best independent software house.
- Doomlords (Simon Avery; 1988?; Amstrad CPC).
- Danger! Adventurer at Work! (Simon Avery; 1991; Amstrad CPC).
- The Gerbil Riot of '67 (Simon Avery; 1991?; Amstrad CPC).
- Dances With Bunny Rabbits (Simon Avery; 1992; Amstrad CPC).
- Danger! Adventurer at Work! Two (Simon Avery; 1992; Amstrad CPC).
- Commodore and Spectrum ports (publisher: The Guild).
- Seven Lost Gnomes (Dorothy Jones, programming: Simon Avery, graphics: Margaret Crewdson; 1992; Amstrad CPC).