IFWiki is a wiki containing information about interactive fiction, including IF history, theory, craft, tools, and people. IFWiki serves as both a historical record of community knowledge and a guide to resources for playing and creating interactive fiction.
IFWiki uses many categories to organize pages. The top-level category is Basics.
Some notable categories are:
- Works, Years, Authoring system, and Publishers.
- Glossary has pages imported from the IF Theory Book glossary.
- Past raif topics (and subcategories) for links to Google Groups rec.arts.int-fiction threads.
- Tropes (and subcategories) to identify recurring features in IF.
Here are some IFWiki projects you can help with. For tips on editing IFWiki, see How to edit IFWiki.
Software and Events databases
Please help us populate these databases!
- If a page about an event (or an event series) or software (an authoring system, interpreter, or utility) does not have an infobox then you can click "Actions" then "Edit with form" to add one. See Category:Events and IFWiki:Software without infoboxes for ideas.
- If information is missing from an infobox, or needs updating, you can click "Edit this infobox".
Update out-of-date pages
If you see information on a wiki page that is out of date, you can update it.
You can create pages that have not yet been created. Special:Wantedpages is an automatically generated list of pages that have been named in links, but not yet created. Note, some of these may be misspellings, you may want to modify the link in that case, others may be correct alternative spellings/namings or concepts which could be merged, in which case creating a redirect is probably best. Please make sure a page does not exist before you create a new one.
- Category:User pages is where to find the pages that IFWiki users have created about themselves. Some users have opted to redirect their user pages to the more formalized pages about themselves in Category:People.
- Special:Listusers is an automatically generated list of all IFWiki user accounts. Names in red have created user accounts but have not created their user page.
- IFWiki:Administrators shows a summary of IFWiki's caretakers and their usual roles in keeping IFWiki running.
- To discuss a specific page of IFWiki, you can use its associated talk page: click the "Discussion" link on any page. For tips on using talk pages, see the How to use Talk/Discussion pages section on the How to edit IFWiki page.
- If you have a technical problem with IFWiki, please ask about it on the Talk:About IFWiki page. It may take time for someone knowledgable with tech stuff to respond though, so please be patient.
- To discuss IFWiki in general you can:
If you are having technical problems with your IFWiki account, or if you need to contact an IFWiki administrator directly, please send an email to the following address: admin [at] ifwiki.org