1st Annual 1 to 2K Classic Text Adventure Competition
(Redirected from 2K Comp 2004)
This minicomp, a.k.a. 2K Comp 2004, was created and organized by Paul Allen Panks, and officially ran between June 28th and September 29th, 2004. Authors were asked to submit games with either one (but not both) of the following restrictions:
- The source code file cannot be more then 2816 bytes in length.
- The game's binary file, after compression, cannot be more than 2999 bytes in length.
There were six entries. The organizer assigned rankings for every game but his own.
- The Lost Kingdom (Jon Ripley; MS-Windows, RISC OS). Ranked at 10/10. Winner.
- The Traveler's Keeper (Bill Loguidice; MS-Windows, MS-DOS). Ranked at 9/10.
- Illusion (Eric Eve; MS-Windows). Ranked at 8/10.
- Grue (author: unknown; MS-Windows). Ranked at 7/10.
- The Fall (Marco Pontello; MS-Windows; MS-DOS). Ranked at 7/10.
- B-Venture (Paul Allen Panks; MS-Windows; Commodore). Unranked.
- The 1st Annual 1 to 2K Classic Text Adventure Competition. The homepage for the competition.