Andromeda Acolytes is a planned large, multi-chapter work in the same shared world as Andromeda Awakening et al. It is a prequel to all existing works except Andromeda Ascending, but is intended to be self-contained. As of 2023, the full work is unreleased.
How It Begins
- Multiple player characters.
- Tutorial mode.
- Accessibility features.
- Planned to be shipped for Windows, Mac, and Linux as a standalone app, using Lectrote (via Steam and itch.io), as well as a gblorb for use with other interpreters (via itch.io).
- 2014: vague outline.
- 2019: started work in earnest (according to Kickstarter video).
- 2021-07: intent to crowdfund announced.
- 2025: expected release (as of 2023).
Trivia and Comments
- Rewards for the crowdfunding campaign included:
- Andromeda Acolytes Chapter 1 Demo (Wade Clarke; 29-Jul-2022; Glulx).
- Website (currently mainly Kickstarter press kit / campaign material).
- Andromeda Acolytes - at IFDB.
- Steam page (initially for betas / wishlists).
- Kickstarter page. (Tracker.)
- Crowdfunding process: