Bring Out Your Ghost
|Bring Out Your Ghost
|Part of series
|Autumn Chen, manonamora, Lapin Lunaire, Sophia de Augustine
|16 Aug 2023
|16 Sep 2023
|Edit this infobox
The Bring Our Your Ghost is an unranked jam organised by the Neo-Interactives group.
Inspired by the Bring Out Your Dead Jam, hosted by Emily Short, the Bring Out Your Ghosts jam is a place to show off the ghosts of the game development process. Abandoned or forgotten WIPs. Overly ambitious projects that never got off the ground. Notes and ideas for games that never came to be.
The name and timing of the jam is inspired by the Ghost Festival (or Zhongyuanjie) in East Asian tradition, a time when the ghosts of the deceased are said to visit the living. Imagine being visited by the ghosts of dead WIPs.
Constraints and Rules
- Incomplete and abandoned games, ideas, notes, etc. are all welcome.
- Projects updated because of this jam are also okay. If you decide to revisit (or finish!) an old abandoned project because of this jam, that’s great!
- As with the original Bring Out Your Dead Jam, it would be nice if you include some context in the Author’s Notes when submitting. How did your project come about? Why was it abandoned or forgotten? What lessons can be learned from the process? This is optional but encouraged
- While the creators of this jam come from the interactive fiction community, any games, physical games, text, etc. are allowed.
- No hateful content or spam entries.
- Limit of 3 submissions per person.
- The Jam is open to any language.