|Part of series||ECTOCOMP|
|Submissions due||31 Oct 2019|
|Submissions begin||27 Oct 2019|
|Results announced||1 Dec 2019|
|Edit this infobox|
ECTOCOMP 2019 is an annual competition for interactive fiction written for the SPOOKY MONTH OF HALLOWEENTOBER. Whether you celebrate Halloween, Day of the Dead, All Saint's Eve, or just love ghost stories and creeping people out, this is your time to shine!
This year we want to propose five main themes to improve a more diversity of topics and ambiances. But, feel free to ignore those and send whatever you want.
- Spooky adventure! That is, the common and loved usual ECTOCOMP games. Create a game destined to creep the hell out of players, or just go freestyle and just do whatever you want.
- Halloween fest. Base your game on the Halloween festivities, overall the activity of wear costumes and going out with friends doing the "trick or treat".
- Día de Los Muertos. Pay your tribute to the Mexican festivity. As Wikipedia says: "Day of the dead involves family and friends gathering to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and helping support their spiritual journey." Also, celebrate Mexican folklore and mythology.
- All Saints', which commemorates the faithful departed. That is, an occasion to talk about how we miss the people we leave behind.
- All Souls' Eve, at the same time, the evening of All souls' is a special moment for some European countries to gather the family around the fire, eat sweet wheat porridge, and tell scary tales.
As per tradition, ECTOCOMP has two categories:
- La Petite Mort, for those who want to speed-write their game in 4 hrs or less
- Le Grand Guignol, for games that, for whatever reason, took longer than 4 hrs
- October 27th 2019: Open for submissions
- October 31st 2019: Deadline for submissions
- December 1st 2019: Award date
- 1st: A Journey to Omega Station by DWaM
- 2nd: Untitled Nopperabou Game by Stewart C Baker
- 3rd: Additional Tales from Castle Balderstone by Ryan Veeder
- 4th: Raishall by Jacic
- 5th: When He Died by bluef00t
- 6th: The Reptile Room by Elizabeth Smyth
- 7th: Crumbs 2: The Will of the People by Katie Benson
- 8th: Pumpkin Pie for your soul by Nils Fagerburg
- 9th: Whole Souls by Drumclem
- 10th: The Witch Beyond the Woods by Bitter_Karella
- 11th: The Village by Helene Vitting
- 12th: Limerick Night by Pace
- 13th: The Crimson Terrors of Delamay Manor by Logan Noble
- 14th: Be There! by Theodidactus
- 15th: Mindful by ian michael waddell
- 16th: Quite Queer Night Near by Andrew Schultz
- 17th: Day of the Dead--One Soul's All Souls Procession by Shadowdrake27
- 18th: Once upon a winter night, the ragman came singing under your window. by rubereaglenest
- 19th: Wild Party by forta
- 20th: American Maniac by MelonPro
- 21st: holloween spookie adventure chapter 1 by rhl2123
- ECTOCOMP 2019 Offical website