Harvey Lodder is a British text adventure author, most well-known in the 1980s through his game The Quest for the Golden Eggcup.
Harvey wrote the game using The Quill for the ZX Spectrum and originally published it himself, by mail-order as Network Adventure Games.
The game was well-received and attracted the attention of Nigel Brooks at Smart Egg who was looking for games to remake and sell through the mainstream publishing labels. The resultant new version of Eggcup, with graphics by Simon Dunstan, was released for the Spectrum, Amstrad CPC and C64 through the popular budget label Mastertronic.
Smart Egg's Eggcup was produced using their Quill-hack The Ballpoint, which Harvey was subsequently commissioned to use to similarly turn 8th Day's Quann Tulla into the CRL mainstream release Federation.
- The Quest for the Golden Eggcup (publisher: Network Adventure Games; 1986; Spectrum).
- The Quest for the Golden Eggcup (publisher: Mastertronic; 1988; Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, C64).
- Federation (publisher: CRL; 1987; Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, C64).
- Harvey Lodder & The Quest for the Golden Eggcup at 8bitAG.com (March 2021).
- The Classic Adventurer - issue 10. (2021)