(Redirected from IFID:210F00EB-A8ED-41E6-B5C3-37BF96C4B6F4)
A chance encounter on the commuter train can change everything.
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
First, there is a warning that this is an adult game with sexual situations between consenting adults.
You are a male mechanic, wearing a gray shirt and some jeans, sitting on a seat in a packed train on your way downtown to your job at Bob's Garage. During morning rush hour, the train is standing room only. Besides the other passengers, you can see windows, doors, and ads.
At the next stop, two women enter the crowded train: Lisa, a pregnant woman in her 7th month; and Tiffany, a stunning brunette. Lisa seems uncomfortable; perhaps you can help her somehow.
Trivia and Comments
- The game was an experiment to test how Inform 7 worked for someone who hadn't used Inform before.
- Bob's Garage (A. Bomire; 25-Oct-2006; Z-code).
- Release 3 / Serial number 061024 / Inform 7 build 3Z95 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/11N)
- Erins 2006: Winner of Best Short Game. Also nominated for Most Innovative Game.
- Download BobsGarage.zip from A. Bomire's AIF World.
- Or download BobsGarage.zip from aifcommunity.org.
- Also available at Yahoo! AIF Archive 2 (if you're a member).
The zipfile contains the following files:
- Bob's Garage.z8 - The story file.
- README.TXT - A brief intro to the game and some basic info for getting started.
- I7-BLOG.TXT - A diary of the author's experiences writing the game and using Inform 7 for the first time. Entries are dated from May 2, 2006 to October 24, 2006. Of particular interest is seeing how the story developed, and discovering the pros and cons of working with the newly released Inform 7 authoring system.
- BobsGarage_src.zip (50K) - The source code, available from A. Bomire's AIF World.
- A. Bomire's AIF World: Download - Games - Contains listing for Bob's Garage.
- Walkthrough by the author.