A Little Like Rogue
(Redirected from IFID:27E6DE3B-527B-4B4C-AB73-13CBD62D37B8)
|A Little Like Rogue|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
You are a level 1 rogue, carrying nothing, with an initial strength of 3d6+2; that is, as little as 5 or as much as 20 strength. You find yourself somewhere in an underground dungeon, looking for treasure and experience.
- Based on the "Woodpulp & Wyverns" combat system introduced by The Reliques of Tolti-Aph (Graham Nelson; 2006; Z-code), and is known to reuse some of the same code from that game. However, it is not quite identical. Players must explicitly WIELD their choice of weapon in this game. Also, the PC's maximum strength is increased when he or she goes up a level in experience. The magic system of ROTA appears not to be implemented here; it's just combat. The only way to earn experience is by slaying monsters.
- The system commands SAVE and UNDO are both disabled. Unlike ROTA, you can never save the game at all.
- Random setup and spawning. The PC and the trapdoor are randomly placed in the dungeon. Monsters, weapons, armor, and healing vials can potentially appear anywhere after any turn, so the player is advised to revisit previously-visited locations to see if anything new has appeared.
Trivia and Comments
- Rogue is a classic computer game where the player hunts for treasure in a randomly-generated monster-filled dungeon.
- Release 1 of the game may be buggy:
- New monsters and objects seem to stop spawning midway through level 3, which prevents any further progress in the game.
- A Little Like Rogue (ifnyou; 14-Mar-2007; Z-code 8).