(Redirected from IFID:TADS2-20EBEB0814132EEADBE3433127284422)
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The game begins with a request to use the "commands" command and some acknowledgements of the beta-testers.
You are a 13 year-old boy who answers to "Andrew" (you really hate your real name) carrying a lot of emotional baggage. You're at the Erehwon, Aksarben crossroads, looking down East Main Street. There's nothing here but a traffic light and the burned-out buildings on every corner. You desperately want to gain the approval of Smurf and his gang so they will invite you into their game of "Nowhere, Nebraska" in the Java(tm) coffee house.
- Unlike most works of IF, this game models which direction the player character is facing. Usually the PC will be facing the direction that he last traveled; he initially faces east. Several extra commands are available to the player to work with this feature:
- FORWARD (or FO) to go forward.
- BACK (or BA) to go backward.
- LEFT (or LE) to go left.
- RIGHT (or RI) to go right.
- FACE LEFT, FACE RIGHT, and FACE BACK will turn the PC to face a new appropriate direction.
- The command REMEMBER something can sometimes be used recall information that the PC has previously encountered in the game. This is intended as an aid to the player to minimize note-taking.
- Footnotes are used in this game. Use commands like FOOTNOTE 2 or NOTE 2 to read them.
Trivia and Comments
- "Erehwon" is "Nowhere" spelt backwards. Likewise, "Aksarben" versus "Nebraska".
- The tester surname of "Hardlentil" is an anagram of the author's surname "Litherland".
- Erehwon (Richard Litherland as "Josiah 'Jos.' Pinkfoot", fictional publisher: "Pinkfoot Absurdities, Inc"; 1999; TADS 2).