ADRIFT Spring Comp 2001
(aka David Good's Menagerie!)
|Authoring system||ADRIFT 3.9 and ADRIFT 4|
|Platform(s)||ADRIFT 3.9 and ADRIFT 4|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
Your name is Willow Murphy, and you are an animal lover who works for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Your goal in the game is to get videotape of the animals at the Waleri Bros. Menagerie and Circus, whom you suspect are mistreated.
You start the game at the circus midway with a camera case that contains: a video camera, a battery, a videotape, and you have $2 in your purse (PETA is a non-profit, they must not pay that well).
You run into Wemmie, a "towny" as the circus folk call the locals. She is playing some midway games, and seems rather friendly. Maybe she will be helpful to you. Also you'll run into a variety of clowns, performers and even a gypsy fortune teller.
- You have the chance to select Easy, Medium or Hard game play (the game defaults to Medium).
- This is one of the ADRIFT Recommended Games put together in 2005 by the ADRIFT Forum.
From the intro of version 1.05: "This game was begun from an original concept on February 13, 2001 and entered in the minicomp on March 14, 2001. It was converted to ADRIFT 4.0 in April 2002 and last modified on May 11, 2002."
Version 1.00 (Competition release)
- Menagerie (David Good; 14-Mar-2001; ADRIFT 3.9).
- ADRIFT Spring Comp 2001: 1st Place.
- Menagerie (David Good; 14-Apr-2001; ADRIFT 3.9).
- Menagerie (David Good; 23-Apr-2001; ADRIFT 3.9).
- Note: An unreleased version.
Version 1.05 (Latest version)
- Menagerie (David Good; 11-May-2002; ADRIFT 4).
- Menagerie (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- TUID wanted. (Please replace this line with a ifdb game template.)
- Delron review compilation by various reviewers.