Ryan Veeder's Authentic Fly Fishing
|Ryan Veeder's Authentic Fly Fishing|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Platform(s)||Online web browser|
How It Begins
You begin in your cabin in the Jewel Pond Recreation Area. There's a bed, desk, calendar, and plastic cupboard, and you have your jacket and fishing rod.
- No ending. Although there is plenty to do, there are no final goals to accomplish or "win". This is a place to visit casually, as often or as little as you like, to do whatever you feel like doing.
- Weather. Every day that you log on, it is either sunny or rainy. This is mostly atmospheric, but it does affect some of the puzzles.
- Multiple session play. Some events are only possible by playing several times on different days. For example, some events only happen on a Wednesday. As another example, the available wildlife is different every day. If you're looking for a woodpecker, you might have to visit several days until you find one.
- Autosaving. The game saves your position automatically, and in such a way that it's not dependent on the game's current version of the storyfile. The author can fix reported bugs or update the game with new material and it won't affect your save position at all.
- Endless summer afternoon. In the game-world, it's always a summer afternoon, but the real world's date and time do have in-game effects. When the real-world's month changes, the picture on the calendar changes to show it's a new month. The real-world's day-of-the-month and day-of-the-week match that within the game. The real-world time-of-day may be remarked upon by the voice of the author-narrator, saying something about how you're signing on late, or to remind you, if your session goes past midnight, that you'll need to start a new session to advance the game-world's day.
- Ryan Veeder's Authentic Fly Fishing (Ryan Veeder; 14-Sep-2019; Online web browser).