IF Discussion Club
(Redirected from Theory Club)
IF Discussion Club (sometimes called Theory Club or IF Theory Club) was an informal discussion group that met monthly on ifMud on its #theoryclub channel to discuss a topic of interest about interactive fiction, with a emphasis on theory. It was hosted by Emily Short from March 2014 to March 2015.
The plan was to meet on the first Saturday of each month at 20:00 GMT. (Sundays were out to avoid conflicts with ClubFloyd.) This changed to the second Saturday of each month beginning in May 2014 to avoid conficts with San Fransisco IF Meetups. Because of other scheduling difficulties, sometimes the meeting happened on the month's third Saturday.
Meetings were held at 8 PM GMT / 3 PM Eastern / Noon Pacific, one Saturday per month, on ifMUD’s theoryclub channel.
The March 2015 meeting will be the club's last meeting unless a new host steps up to organize it. It may also be desirable to choose a new venue other than ifMud that is more newbie-friendly; Slack.com has been suggested as a possible new meeting site.
- Interiority. March 1, 2014.
- Modeling Time in IF.
- Structures in Choice-based Games. May 10, 2014.
- Interactive Nonfiction. June 14, 2014.
- Testing. August 9, 2014.
- Games and Audience. September 13, 2014.
- Replayability. October 11, 2014.
- New direction in IF. December 13, 2014.
- Competitions, Anthologies, Shows and Zines. January 10, 2015.
- Tour de Seltani. Field trip to Andrew Plotkin's Seltani server. February 21, 2015.
- ParserComp post-discussion about ParserComp 2015. March 21, 2015.