IF Comp 1998
23rd of 27
|Author(s)||Ryan Stevens and Cody Sandifer|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
First, there's a title screen that calls this game Acid Whiplash by Anonymous.
But that is rejected, followed by a quote from Rybread Celsius's game Symetry.
Then you learn various "facts" about Rybread—for example, he has two shadows with a great dance team—before the game offers the second title of the game: Rybread Celsius Can't Find a Dictionary.
You might be anyone, carrying nothing, in a womb with a view. A nearby yellowed scroll has a message directly from co-author Cody Sandifer to the player, introducing you to the artist, wordsmith, and humorist known as Rybread Celsius, and entreats you to enjoy this "living memorial to his wit, style, and unintentional genius."
- Acid Whiplash a.k.a. Rybread Celsius Can't Find a Dictionary (Ryan Stevens as "Rybread Celsius" and Cody Sandifer; 1998; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 980928 / Inform v6.14 Library 6/4 D
- IFID: ZCODE-1-980928-E185
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 1998: 23rd place of 27 entries.
- Acid Whiplash (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Acid Whiplash - at IFDB.
- Acid Whiplash - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Acid Whiplash - at SPAG.
- Acid Whiplash - at IF Ratings.
- Acid Whiplash - at IFReviews.org.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
The dreadful truth is, this page is incomplete.
How It Begins, Notable Features, full version info.
Note: This page was originally auto-generated. Please check for errors.
Please refer to the IFWiki game page style guide when making changes.