Everybody is invited to try and code an adventure - in Inform only - which meets the following conditions :-
- EITHER the setting OR one NPC should be from the Highlands of Scotland (NOT both)
- The afore-mentioned setting/birthplace MUST be a REAL PLACE in the Highlands
- Your game MUST feature a haggis and a strangely shaped turnip
- There must be at least 3 rooms, and 1 or more NPCs
Listed in the order they won:
- Roots (Sophie Fruehling; Z-code).
- Catch That Haggis!, Or, Working Around The Restrictions (Adam Biltcliffe; Glulx).
- Highland Chef (Graeme Pletscher; Z-code).
- Newsgroup Postings:
- NEW IF Competition - HighlandComp - HighlandComp announced 23-Jan-2001.
- HighlandComp Results (and a full and frank apology to one and all) - Results announced 15-Apr-2001.