An Infralogic Massacre
|Authoring system||BASIC and Inform 5|
How It Begins
You are an unnamed treasure hunter who wakes up in his tent in the middle of the desert to discover that you been abandoned by your (apparently disliked) fellow treasure hunter, F. Roboff, and the dig workers. Roboff has left you a note indicating that he hopes you die (he has taken all the food and water), but that you might as well spend your final hours exploring the pyramid that was the focus of your expedition. He tells you that an amulet in your possession is the key to open the pyramid, and gives a location for you to go dig. A shovel and a flashlight have been left for this purpose.
You will spend the majority of this game dying in various ways inside the pyramid. You will not need to undo after death- the deaths are part of the game.
- In this game, one of the major goals is to fall prey to every trap in the pyramid, not to avoid them. This allows the player to enjoy the traps even as the PC dies for the nth time.
Trivia and Comments
- This game is a parody of the Infocom game Infidel. It was written in BASIC when the author was fifteen years old, and recompiled and re-released (with spelling corrections) in 1995. The About section includes the author's explanation of "Why Inhumane Sucks", which is essentially an explanation of its origins as a humor project created by adolescent boys. He states that he resisted the urge to improve the game other than to correct spelling and grammar.
According to the author's notes in the game itself, the game is actually merciful, except for one point early in the game.
Inform port (Revision 2)
- INHUMANE: An Infralogic Massacre (Andrew Plotkin; 18-Aug-1995).
- Revision 2 / Serial number 31415926 / Inform v1405 Library 5/8
- File: inhumane.z5, 66.5k
This is the re-released version available in the IF Archive as of March 8, 2012.
- Inhumane (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Inhumane - at IFDB
- Inhumane - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German)
The dreadful truth is, this page is incomplete.
Notable Features, full version info
Please refer to the IFWiki game page style guide when making changes.