Life on Beal Street
IF Comp 1999
26th of 37
|Life on Beal Street|
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
How It Begins
- Written as a joke game.
- Extremely limited interaction. Besides "about" and the standard commands look, save, restore, undo, and quit, at each turn the player can only choose "1" to keep going, "2" to turn back, or "NO" to get an alternative version of what just happened.
Trivia and Comments
- Parodied by Life on Gue Street (Chris Charla as Anonymous; Z-code), which takes place in the Zork universe and is considerably longer.
- This was the second of two games Ian Finley entered in IF Comp 1999. The other game was the much better received Exhibition, which took 5th place.
- Life on Beal Street (Ian Finley as Anonymous; 1999; TADS 2).
- IFID wanted. (Please replace this line with a babel template.)
- IF Comp 1999: 26th place of 37 entries.
- Download beal.gam from the IF Archive
- Life on Beal Street (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Life on Beal Street - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
The dreadful truth is, this page is incomplete.
Genres, How It Begins, Notable Features, full version info.
Note: This page was originally auto-generated. Please check for errors.
Please refer to the IFWiki game page style guide when making changes.