|System details||TRS-80 Model 3 with 48K|
|Latest version||5 / August 2022|
|Multimedia support||No multimedia|
|License||GPL version 2|
|Browse the software database|
|Edit this infobox|
M3ZVM is a Z-machine interpreter for the TRS-80 Model 3 with 48K. Tested on multiple DOS versions. It was written by Shawn Sijnstra, ported from M4ZVM.
M3ZVM supports Z-machine versions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6*, 7, and 8 within memory limitations. z6 support is minimal, and approximates the text only screen into the standard model.
Licensed under GPL version 2.
Download binary and source from m3zvm on Gitlab
A Model 1 version (M1ZVM) is also available. It does not support accented characters, however, it does map to appropriate non-accented characters. m1zvm on Gitlab
- Full use of 64x16 screen
- Simulated reverse text highlighting, including when selected using colour changing codes
- Accented characters (where available)
- Command line switch to optionally enable the Tandy bit
- Named game save and load
- Timed input
- z1-z5 games recommended
- Use of 48K Memory has been tuned to allow z-code stories, now with up to 22K of Dynamic Memory to run (up from 18k)
- Has a small LRU disk cache to reduce I/O
|By format||ADRIFT • AdvSys • AGT • Alan • Glulx • Hugo • Magnetic Scrolls • TADS • Z-code|
|By system||Browser • Android • iOS • Linux • macOS • Windows|
|Browse||Recommended interpreters • Search form • Drilldown|
|Other software||Authoring systems • Utilities|