|Links||Home page Download|
|System details||TRS-80 Model 4/4D/4P running LS-DOS or TRS-DOS 6.2 (real or emulator)|
|Latest version||Release 15 / 7 Aug 2022|
|Multimedia support||No multimedia|
|Browse the software database|
|Edit this infobox|
M4ZVM is a Z-machine interpreter for the TRS-80 Model 4/4D/4P running LS-DOS or TRS-DOS 6.2. It was written by Shawn Sijnstra, ported from ZXZVM.
M4ZVM supports Z-machine versions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8, as well as a minimal non-graphic support for z6.
- Full use of 80x24 screen including support for split screen in all story files including Seastalker
- Reverse text highlighting, including when selected using colour changing codes
- Accented characters (where available)
- Command line switches to optionally enable the Tandy bit or turn off beeps
- z1, z2, z3, z4, z5, z7 and z8 games can execute
- Experimental support for z6 (excludes any graphics/complex screen modelling, can complete Arthur: The Quest for Excalibur with only minor cosmetic issues)
- 128K version allows for any game Dynamic memory/Dynmem (i.e. up to 64K)
- Named game save and load
- Timed input
- Keyboard mapping includes functions keys, with shift F1-F3 mapped to F4-F6, a total of 6 Function keys for games such as Beyond Zork
- Transcript (printing)
- Supports as much memory as your computer and drivers support (128k minimum recommended)
- 64K cut-down version now also available. allowing up to 22K of z-machine Dynmem
M4ZVM is licensed under GPL version 2.
- Gitlab repository including full list of features, M4ZVM source code and binaries.
|By format||ADRIFT • AdvSys • AGT • Alan • Glulx • Hugo • Magnetic Scrolls • TADS • Z-code|
|By system||Browser • Android • iOS • Linux • macOS • Windows|
|Browse||Recommended interpreters • Search form • Drilldown|
|Other software||Authoring systems • Utilities|