A company that developed text-adventure games for a brief time in the mid-80s, Synapse Software is probably best known for creating novellas that set the stage for its games and collaborating with poet Robert Pinsky on his game Mindwheel.
All four of these games were distributed by Brøderbund Software.
- Mindwheel (author: Robert Pinsky, programmers: Steve Hales and William Mataga; 1984; BTZ).
- Essex (author: Bill Darrah, programmers: Bill Darrah and William Mataga; 1985; BTZ).
- Brimstone: The Dream of Gawain (author: James Paul, programmers: David Bunch, William Mataga, and Bill Darrah; 1985; BTZ).
- Breakers (author: Rod Smith, programmers: Joe Vierra and William Mataga; 1986; BTZ).
Other text games that probably were never released:
- Ronin. This one was at least partially made, and was one of the upcoming titles named in Mindwheel's documentation.
- House of Changes.
- Deadly Summer.