When in Rome 1: Accounting for Taste
|When in Rome 1: Accounting for Taste|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are a man in Central Park, Manhattan, late at night. A young woman accuses you of letting your dog go unleashed, but the brightly colored creature bothering her is neither yours nor a dog. Is it a monkey? Then the creature steals the woman's handbag. The woman removes her heeled shoes and chases after it. You follow them into the darkness of a overpass, where the creature jumps onto your back. Your fedora falls beside a discarded newspaper. The girl stands beside a trash can, willing to help but uncertain what to do.
The strange creature begins to strangle you. You better do something quickly before you die of suffocation.
- The creatures in the game have random characteristics, including color, size, weight, physical features, disposition, eating preferences, etc. Solutions to the game's puzzles involving the creatures will likewise vary.
- The woman in the park is highly directable. You can ask her to attempt many activities on your behalf, and if reasonable, she will try to do what you suggest.
When in Rome 1: Accounting for Taste (Emily Short; 30-Apr-2006; Z-code).
- Version info: Release 2 / Serial number 060503 / Inform 7 build 3K27 (I6/v6.30 lib 6/10N)
- IFID: 9805857a-5a1f-4137-b7c9-b0e15b92188a
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- Story file: When in Rome 1 Accounting for T.zblorb
- When in Rome 1 Homepage - contains links to the story file, the source text, and the cover art.
- Previous homepage: .
- When in Rome 1: Accounting for Taste - at IFDB.
|When in Rome series by Emily Short|
|When in Rome 1: Accounting for Taste (2006)|
When in Rome 2: Far from Home (2006)