Whom The Telling Changed
(Redirected from Whom the Telling Changed)
|Whom The Telling Changed|
|Author(s)||Aaron A. Reed|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
Tonight is the night of the storytelling, a night in which your tribe comes together to hear the wisdom of ancient tales. And they will need wisdom, because strangers have appeared with unknown intentions. Will you shape the story to change others, or will the story end up changing you?
- In the first moves of the game, the player determines both the player character's occupation and his/her gender through in-game actions.
- The game makes heavy use of a conversation system in which topics that can be discussed are highlighted. Simply typing the highlighted word will steer the conversation a certain way.
- There are multiple endings, based on what message the player character found in the story of Gilgamesh, and whether (s)he was able to convince his/her fellow tribesmen of that message.
- Sometimes, it is hard to see what effect mentioning a certain keyword will have on the progress of the story. At other times, the game makes this more explicit.
- Whom The Telling Changed (Aaron A. Reed; 31-Mar-2005; Z-code 8).
- Beta-testing by James Cunningham, Michael Fransioli, and Henrik Jensen.
- Release 1 / Serial number 050330 / Inform v6.30 Library 6/11 S
- IFID: ZCODE-1-050330-5FD6
IFID links: IFDB
- Spring Thing 2005: 1st place of 6 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2005: Winner of Best Individual NPC (the storyteller). Finalist for Best Use of Medium.
- Whom The Telling Changed (Aaron A. Reed; c.Dec-2005; Z-code 8).
Note 1: There's probably been a few versions released.
Note 2: Slamdance Guerilla Gamemaker Competition 2006: Was a Finalist.
- Whom The Telling Changed homepage.
- Whom The Telling Changed (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Whom The Telling Changed - at IFDB
- Whom The Telling Changed - at IF Ratings.
- Whom The Telling Changed - at IFReviews.org.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Whom The Playing Changed: An Analysis of 72 Player Transcripts - Newbies playing this game at the Slamdance Guerilla Gamemaker Competition.