|Part of series||[]|
|Organisers||Autumn Chen, manonamora, Lapin Lunaire, Sophia de Augustine|
|Submissions begin||1 Oct 2023|
|Submissions due||31 Oct 2023|
|Edit this infobox|
The Bare-Bones Jam is an unranked jam organised by the Neo Interactives group.
Inspired by the Naked Twine Jam from 2014, the The Bare-Bones Jam is a month-long game jam for text-based games where you cannot change the formatting of the chosen program. Not only are graphics prohibited, but so is changing the interface or presentation in any way from the engine defaults.
Constraints and Rules
- You cannot make changes to the visual of the game, and must keep the basic UI and formatting of the chosen program.
- Excluded are the uses of basic text formatting (italics, bold, underline, etc…), lists and tables.
- Games should not include assets, like images or sound - the focus should be on the text.
- Games should not include any generated AI content.
- The Jam is open to any program/medium, as long as the piece can be considered Interactive Fiction (i.e. the game is interactive, and its focus is on the text).
- The Jam is open to any language.
- The Jam is open to NSFW content, as long as you indicate it in your submission (in the Content Warning of the form).
- You can submit up to 3 entries!