Best Laid Plans
|Best Laid Plans
|Cruelty to be determined
How It Begins
The research had been going well. Perhaps too well. Genetic cloning, DNA re-sampling, facial morphing – you name it, the Merrowvale Institute in Bizan'Toll was doing it. You're just a small cog in the big wheel that is MI but you have a house in the hills, a company car and vacation for a month every year in the Balmoras. You also get to work in the twin cities of Bizan'Toll themelves, which is worth its weight in gold. A good life, in other words. You've made plans to stay here once your research is concluded. But like all plans...
Rival companies don't appreciate the leaps and bounds MI have been making, and enemies are quick to close in. Very deadly enemies. Some people scoffed at the idea of an attack by a rival company. Scott Talbot was one. He's not scoffing now. He's face down on the floor of his lab with a bullet hole between his eyes.
You they didn't kill. You they just grabbed, frog-marched out of the lab, past the still warm body of Scott Talbot, and up several flights of stairs to here. Your cell. What they're planning on doing with you next is anyone's guess, but something tells you that you're best getting out of here before you find out.
You and SADI.
- Best Laid Plans (David Whyld; 17-Jul-2013; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 130715 / Inform 7 build 6G60 (I6/v6.32 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 8D0BCBAE-E3C3-45E6-94F6-59245A85D5EB
IFID links: IFDB
- IntroComp 2013: Winner, from 7 entries.
- Download IntroComp2013.zip from IntroComp site. All 7 games entered in IntroComp 2013.
- Download Best_Laid_Plans.gblorb from IntroComp site. Just this game.