|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You've never seen the sky so dark before. Even when you passed through the void between solar systems on the way here, you had the ship itself, an island of constant light and warmth. Now there's just...darkness. Not much to look at except a barren field of rocks, a black sky filled with tiny white pinpricks, a couple of dim moonlets--and the dashboard lights of the Planet Roller.
It's gorgeous, in a harsh, alien sort of way. You could never see a sky like this back on Xylla, but this system only has one sun, and it's a pretty weak sun, too. What little light you're getting from the moons isn't even enough to keep your skin from crawling with a hungry feeling.
You really need a new solar vest, a grown-up one like you've asked your mom for repeatedly, not that she ever pays attention. She's too focused on the project. And all your friends think it must be so cool to have an astroscientist for a mom. But who cares what they think? You're probably never going to see them again anyway.
- Chlorophyll (Steph Cherrywell; Glulx).
- Testers: Sarah Adams, Agouti-Rex, Nick Gauthier, Chandler Groover, Hanon Ondricek, Andrew Schultz, Spaceflounder, and Matt Wiener.
- Release 1 / Serial number 150212 / Inform 7 build 6L02 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 7DD9C637-EA90-4D9E-BA18-80B183ACAABB
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- ParserComp 2015: 1st place of 14 entries for Best Overall; 1st place for Best Writing; 1st place for Best Story; 1st place for Best Use of Theme; 2nd place for Best Puzzles; 3rd place for Best Technical.
- XYZZY Awards 2015: Finalist for Best Puzzles, Best Setting.
- Download chlorophyll.gblorb from the IF Archive.