Down and Out at the Big Creepy House on the Poison Lake
|Down and Out at the Big Creepy House on the Poison Lake|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
Uh. It looks like I'm in a strange bedroom. That's pretty cool. So... yeah. What was I doing? I can't believe this... I've forgotten again. I gotta retrace my steps. Um... I was rowing across the lake... in a boat, right. Then I saw this really weird shaped house, on a rocky island. Damn, and my boat got swept up against the rock, too! Yeah, that's what happened--my head slammed into a cleat! That really hurt! That must be why I passed out... what was I doing on the lake in the first place, though? I was looking for something. It was pretty important, I remember that. Oh, this isn't good. No, I can't seem to remember much at all. Who am I, anyway? I don't even know my name! Christ, this is embarrassing. I feel like I'm playing out the most basic trope in the book. The first thing they teach you is never to stay out too long in the mist...
It would be nice to know who "they" were, though...
- First-person game
- ...but the main character is an afghan cap whose gender is never made explicit
- Amnesia (gradually resolved through exposition)
- Down and Out at the Big Creepy House on the Poison Lake (Shii; 28-Mar-2008; Z-code 8).
- Release line wanted
- IFID wanted. (Please replace this line with a babel template.)
- MetaFilter Interactive Fiction Contest 2009 entry. 4th place.
- Download Zblorb from http://shii.org
- Play online (using Parchment)