Facebook (http://www.facebook.com) is a social networking service where people can set up a profile page, link up with other Facebook members as friends, join groups where people have common interests, send each other free gifts, write messages on each others' walls, post notes, photos, and videos, play games, and so on.
Each Facebook group has its own forum where members can post to various discussion threads. Here are some of the known Facebook groups related to interactive fiction:
- Interactive Fiction - has some IF Comp discussion.
- Text-Adventures - perhaps a bit more focused on the older games.
- Adventure games - includes point-and-click adventure games.
- ADRIFT - for ADRIFT users and players.
- CAAD - CAAD is a Spanish IF community.
- I GOT THE LAMP - People in GET LAMP - about Get Lamp, the IF documentary by Jason Scott.
- IFItalia - Italian IF community.
- ifMUD - yes, ifMUD has a Facebook group now.
- SF Bay Area Interactive Fiction Group - see SF Bay Area Interactive Fiction Group.
And there are also some "fan" pages, which are similar to groups, but perhaps a bit more suited to help businesses notify their fans about their product, and find out what their fan base is like:
- Interactive Fiction - for fans of interactive fiction.
- Aventura Conversacional - A Spanish fan group, see: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aventura_conversacional .
- Infocom - for fans of Infocom.
- Zork - for fans of Zork.
- Jack Toresal and the Secret Letter - for fans of Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter.
- The Shadow in the Cathedral - for fans of Klockwerk: The Shadow in the Cathedral.