Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter
|Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter|
|Author(s)||Michael Gentry and David Cornelson|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
You are Jack Toresal, an orphan in the pre-industrial kingdom of Miradania. Suddenly and for no reason you can fathom, men are chasing you through the town plaza. Thus begins a young adult fantasy story that will lead you to revelations of your parents and more.
- First commercial Interactive Fiction game from Textfyre, intended to sell in schools.
- Uses a Microsoft Silverlight (unsupported/requires Internet Explorer) custom book user interface.
- Designed and Written in a Word document, separately from its coding, done by a third party.
- Saves are listed and allowed a description.
- The transcript is saved and restored, allowing the player to see exactly what they'd done up to the save point.
- Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter (co-designer and writer: Michael Gentry, co-designer: David Cornelson, illustrator: Erika Swanson, publisher: Textfyre; 26-Jun-2009; FyreVM).
- [Download from Itch.io]
- Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter - at IFDB.
- Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- R*IF threads:
- Textfyre - Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter Go On Sale This Month - June 4, 2009.
- Textfyre Launch - June 10, 2009.
- Textfyre - Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter - Online Demo - June 26, 2009.
- Initial Impressions - Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter - June 29, 2009.
- Textfyre - Secret Letter Demo Responses - July 17, 2009.
|Miradania series by Textfyre|
|Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter (2009)|
Jack Toresal and The Trial of the Vedd
Untitled (episode III)