|Authoring system||The Quill|
How It Begins
Your character is standing on a dirt path south of Frankenstein manor. You are holding an envelope. Inside the envelope is a key and a letter from Dr. Frankenstein, inviting you to his home.
CLOAD magazine version
- Frankenstein Adventure (original author unknown; publisher; CLOAD magazine; 1981).
- Based on the story of Dr Frankenstein and his monster (the Boris Karloff film version rather than the book). The game was originally released in October 1981 as a 16K BASIC file in CLOAD magazine, which was produced on cassette for the TRS-80/Video Genie computer.
- See CLOAD Newsletter, October 1981, courtesy of The Internet Archive.
MS-DOS Version 3 Release
- Frankenstein's Legacy (John Olsen; 1992; MS-DOS). Originally released as shareware.
- Frankenstein Adventure (porter: William Stott; 2004; Z-code).
- IFID wanted. (Please replace this line with a babel template.)
- Download frankie.zip from the IF Archive. Contains the story file.
- This is likely a port from the CLOAD version rather than from Olsen's. While essentially the same game, the geography is slightly different, the puzzles are slightly different, and the prose is quite different.
|Tales of Horror series by John Olsen|
|Frankenstein's Legacy (1992)|
Night of the Walking Dead (1992)
The Sea Phantom (1992)