(Redirected from IFID:TADS2-157F71CA1EBAC0678127DD197143278A)
This page is about the TADS game by Ian Finley. For other meanings of Babel, see Babel (disambiguation).
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
How It Begins
Your mind is cold and torpid. Slowly your senses come to you: you're lying on a hard surface; the air is tinged with disinfectant; it's dark around. You're clothed in a thin gown. You don't know who or where you are.
You get up and find yourself at the north end of a dimly lit hall. As you approach a feeble light at the other end of the hall, an eery blue glow arrests your attention, which you touch, as if by impulse. You feel a jolt of static electrity and then suddenly the sound of a terrified scream reaches you.
- The player character suffers from retrograde amnesia and will recover their memory during the course of the game.
- The protagonist is able to experience brief, emotionally-laden visions from the past just by touching objects.
- The protagonist maintains a calendar with a chronological list of past events as they are revealed.
Trivia and Comments
- The game takes place in an underground research facility in the Arctic region, presumably along latitude 74° N.
- Babel (Ian Finley; Oct-1997; TADS 2).
- IFID wanted. (Please replace this line with a babel template.)
- IF Comp 1997: 2nd place of 34 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 1997: Winner of Best Story. Finalist for Best Game, Best Individual PC (David), Best Puzzles, Best Writing.
- Files in the tads/babel/ directory:
- Babel (Ian Finley; 11-Feb-2000; TADS 2).
- Babel feelies (archived)
- Babel (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Babel - at IFDB.
- Babel - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Babel - at Home of the Underdogs
- Babel - at IF Ratings.
- Babel - at IFReviews.org
- Babel - at SPAG - reviewed by Laurel Halbany, Duncan Stevens and Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- IFReview by Andrew Plotkin.
- Review - by Duncan Stevens.