(Redirected from IFID:ZCODE-1-000925-2BAE)
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How it Begins
You are a seasoned adventurer, hired to aid in the demolition of the Wizard of Wordplay's mansion. You are in the mansion's foyer. The demolition contractor tells you to pick up everything that's not bolted down and throw it into the dumpster, then leaves. You are carrying nothing.
- Most puzzles are solved by wordplay of various kinds, often playing on IF conventions.
- Best known for the alliterative rooms, in which every word printed (including parser responses and objects) begins with a single letter. Within the rooms, the parser only accepts commands beginning with that letter; the puzzle lies in thinking up appropriate synonyms for simple actions.
- Ad Verbum (Nick Montfort; 2000; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 000925 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-1-000925-2BAE
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- IF Comp 2000: 4th place of 53 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2000: Winner of Best Puzzles. Finalist for Best Individual Puzzle (the letter rooms) and Best Use of Medium.
- File: adverbum.z5 (132 KB, download)
- Ad Verbum (Nick Montfort; 2006; Z-code).
-  Release 11 on-line on Nick Montfort's site
-  Release 4 on Digital Eel
-  Release 1 on-line at iFiction.org
- Venenarius Verborum (Jarel; 2008; Glulx; Spanish).
- Official Site.
- Ad Verbum (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Ad Verbum - at IFDB.
- Ad Verbum - at Home of the Underdogs.
- Ad Verbum (video game) - Wikipedia entry.
See also the IF Comp 2000 Reviews.
- Review by James Marshall.
- Review by Eric Mayer.
- Review by Rob Menke.
- Review at SPAG and personal review by Mark Musante.
- Review by Paul O'Brian.
- Review by Andrew Plotkin.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review (archive) by Duncan Stevens.