|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying nothing, at the once-lovely Motel Calfornia. You're leasing Room 110 where you can see a bed, a wall safe, and a peppermint.
You'd like to check out and leave, but unfortunately, you misplaced your room key (which you must return), your claim ticket (for your luggage), and your car key. You'll need to find all of them before you can go.
- Wordplay. In particular, two word search puzzles need to be assembled and solved.
- Logic puzzle. Figure out how to appease the hippo by collecting several clues about its color, taste, and course preferences.
- Several NPCs. Besides the three motel staff members, every room is occupied by at least one NPC, and there's a hippo in the pool. Surreally, not all of the guests are human: there's a talking bear in one room, and a pair of animated puppets in another. Conversation is mostly ask-tell, and sometimes you can give and show inventory items to them as well. Caution: ask-able topics sometimes must be specified with the appropriate adjective.
- Motel California (Doug Schwartz; 01-Apr-2011; Z-code).
- Pegamoose Games.
- Puzzle Challenge 2011 - Motel California.
- Motel California - at IFDB.
- Motel California - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).