|Part of series||SeedComp!|
|Submissions begin||7 Dec 2022|
|Submissions due||7 Jan 2023|
|Submissions begin||9 Jan 2023|
|Submissions due||1 Mar 2023|
|Voting begins||3 Mar 2023|
|Voting ends||4 Apr 2023|
|Edit this infobox|
The Planting Round ran from 7 December 2022 until 7 January 2023, during which creators could submit 'seeds' as a base of inspiration for the following round. There were 69 entries submitted that year. The Sprouting Round ran from 9 January until 1 March 2023, during which participants were asked to submit a game based or inspired by at least one 'seed' from the previous round. There were 18 entries submitted for this round.
The voting process will span from 3 March until 31 March 2023, which allowed players to vote for 'awards' and submit stickers to games and seeds. The voting period ended up being extended to 4 April 2023, as it coincided with the deadline for the SpringThing. The results will be announced in early April 2023 (exact date TBD).
- Best Overall: the game the player felt was the most worthy winner of SeedComp!
- Best Story: the game with the story the player thought was best.
- Best Technical: the game with the cleanest/most satisfying interactions, with the fewest bugs.
- Best UI/Visual: the game with the best visual experience.
- Best Prose/Writing: the game with the best text.
- Best Puzzles: the game that contained the best puzzle or puzzles in all the games.
- Most Sequel-worthy: the game the player most hoped gets a sequel.
- Best Seed Subversion: the game that took one or more of its seeds in the most unexpected direction.
- Best Seed Hybridization: the game that combined two or more seeds in the most satisfying way.
- Best Seed
- Most Innovative Seed
The voters could also submit 'stickers', a unique award, as little phrases or title, to hand out in recognition of a thing that particular seed or game did well.
- Announcement of first SeedComp on the intfiction.org forum.
- SeedComp! web site, with links to the itch.io pages where you can submit and browse works.
- Itch pages for the Planting Round and the Sprouting Round