|Part of series||SeedComp!|
|Submissions begin||7 Dec 2022|
|Submissions due||7 Jan 2023|
|Submissions begin||9 Jan 2023|
|Submissions due||1 Mar 2023|
|Voting begins||3 Mar 2023|
|Voting ends||31 Mar 2023|
|Edit this infobox|
SeedComp! 2023 is the inaugural SeedComp!, running from late 2022 to spring 2023.
The Planting Round ran from 7 December 2022 until 7 January 2023, during which creators could submit 'seeds' as a base of inspiration for the following round. There were 69 entries submitted that year. The Sprouting Round ran from 9 January until 1 March 2023, during which participants were asked to submit a game based or inspired by at least one 'seed' from the previous round. There were 18 entries submitted for this round.
The voting process will span from 3 March until 31 March 2023, which allowed players to vote for 'awards' and submit stickers to games and seeds. The results will be announced in early April 2023 (exact date TBD).
- Best Overall: the game the player felt was the most worthy winner of SeedComp!
- Best Story: the game with the story the player thought was best.
- Best Technical: the game with the cleanest/most satisfying interactions, with the fewest bugs.
- Best UI/Visual: the game with the best visual experience.
- Best Prose/Writing: the game with the best text.
- Best Puzzles: the game that contained the best puzzle or puzzles in all the games.
- Most Sequel-worthy: the game the player most hoped gets a sequel.
- Best Seed Subversion: the game that took one or more of its seeds in the most unexpected direction.
- Best Seed Hybridization: the game that combined two or more seeds in the most satisfying way.
- Best Seed
- Most Innovative Seed
The voters could also submit 'stickers', a unique award, as little phrases or title, to hand out in recognition of a thing that particular seed or game did well.
- Announcement of first SeedComp on the intfiction.org forum.
- Sprouting Round announcement on the IntFiction Forum.
- Voting Call on the IntFiction Forum.
- SeedComp! web site, with links to the itch.io pages where you can submit and browse works.
- Itch pages for the Planting Round and the Sprouting Round