Lucian P. Smith
Note: Lucian's nickname on the ifMUD is lpsmith.
- The Edifice (1997; Z-code). IF Comp 1997: 1st place. Winner at the XYZZY Awards 1997 for Best Puzzles and Best Individual Puzzle. Also, a finalist for Best Individual NPC and Best Game.
- The Chicken Under the Window (1998; Z-code). ChickenComp.
- CompXX (1998–2005; Z-code), for The Annual IF Competition. Not a game. CompXX is rewritten for every IF Comp, and is used by the judges in various ways.
- Three Steps to the Left (1998; Z-code). Speed-IF 3.
- Coke Is It! (with Adam Cadre, David Dyte, Michael Fessler, Dan Shiovitz, Adam Thornton, and J. Robinson Wheeler; 1999; Z-code).
- An Escape To Remember (the 2nd IF Whispers Team; 04-Jul-2006; Z-code). IF Whispers.
- House of Dream of Moon (the 3rd IF Whispers Team; 06-Dec-2007; Z-code). IF Whispers.
Review and Article Credits
- Has contributed to IF theory at Interactive Fiction Patterns.
- Parlez Vous Nalian? (archive) and Reporter's Notebook: International Game Developer's Network (IGDN) Conference (archive) - XYZZYnews #16, 1998.
- IF Comp reviews:
- 1996 (archive).
- 1998 (archive).
- 2000: Intro, 1, 2, 3, 4 and transcripts (archive).
- 2003: Reviews and transcripts (archive).
- 2005: Reviews and transcripts.
- IF Art Show reviews: Spring 1999.
- SmoochieComp: reviews.
- Reviews of EnvComp.
- Organized the First Ever (And Maybe The Only) Interactive Fiction Mini-Competition in 1998.
- One of the judges for the first four IF Art Shows.
- One of the official reviewers for SmoochieComp (2001).
- Was an official judge for EnvComp.
- Assists with The Annual IF Competition; see CompXX above.
- Created The IF Beta Site with Liza Daly, to faciliate getting authors and beta-testers together.
- Started The Interactive Fiction Book Club.
- Child's Play (Stephen Granade; 17-Jul-2006; Z-code).
- Wrote InvisiClues for Andrew Plotkin's So Far (archive).
As an NPC:
- Yay Games (David Welbourn; 2004; Z-code).
- Are You A Chef? (Adam Biltcliffe; 2000; Z-code). As lpsmith, tragically turned into a cabbage.
- Lucian's Interactive Fiction Page (archive).
- Lucian P. Smith (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
Interviews and Discussion Transcripts
- IF Roundtable: The Art of the Puzzle - XYZZYnews #14, 1998. Adam Cadre, Lucian Smith, Andrew Plotkin, and Neil deMause discuss puzzles.
- Replayability (archive), an ifMUD transcript from August 27, 1998.
- SPAG Issue 13 (1998) contains an interview with Lucian P. Smith.
- IF Italia interviews Lucian P. Smith.
- Lucian's MUD Interview (archive) (1998), as part of the third IF Writer's Forum.
- GET LAMP: Lucian Smith. Interview video clips of Lucian Smith for Get Lamp.