Definition (see travel.t):
Template (see en_us.t):
- 'name' 'destname'? "desc"?;
- DarkRoom is a location without any light of its own.
- FloorlessRoom is a location without any floor, walls, or ceiling.
- OutdoorRoom is an outdoor location. (Rooms, by default, are assumed to be indoors.)
- ShipboardRoom is a location on a ship, where it makes sense to use directions like aft and port.
New or modified properties:
- actionDobjExamine (coded as dobjFor(Examine))
- childInName (see en_us.t)
- childInNameWithOwner (see en_us.t)
This simple example is adapted from Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen. Note that it uses the Room template.
royalBedroom : Room 'Royal bedroom' 'the royal bedroom' "You have reached a splendid bedroom. The ceiling is like a great palm-tree, with glass leaves of the most costly crystal, and over the center of the floor two beds, each resembling a lily, hang from a stem of gold. One of the beds is white, the other is red." south = hallOfDreams out asExit(south) ;
|Code Compare: Room|
|ADRIFT 4:||The Room dialog box|
(Add a Room/Edit Room)
|Hugo:||The room class|
|Inform 6:||The Object class|
|Inform 7:||The room kind|
|TADS 2:||The room class|
|TADS 3:||The Room class|