|Links||Home page Download|
|Developer||Michael J. Roberts|
|Systems||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Latest version||3.1.3 / 7 March 2016|
|Multimedia support||Color, Graphics, Sound|
|Browse the software database|
|Edit this infobox|
TADS 3 is the current version of TADS, also created by Michael J. Roberts. TADS 2 is still in use by authors, but it is no longer being developed. Version 3 of TADS (The Adventure Development System) pushes the boundaries of IF development and world design in a number of areas, including full sense-passing, areas which are composed of a number of sub-rooms, and NPC interaction with the world. The first beta release was on September 12, 2004. The first general release, TADS 3 version 3.0.12, was released on September 15, 2006.
The release of version 3.0.15 coincided with the release of a greatly enhanced version of the Workbench IDE for Windows. The 3.0.16 release (April 2008) includes a number of library enhancements and significantly expanded documentation.
TADS 3.1, which introduces language-level networking support, online play and dynamic compilation, won Best Technological Development at the 2011 XYZZY Awards.
Official or Collaborative Links
- TADS 3 Home Page
- Discussion Forum
- TADS 3 - LiveJournal community.
- On-line documentation - Complete documentation, including:
- TADS 3 Library Translation Resources - starting point for people who plan to translate the TADS 3 library to other languages.
- TADS3 manuals on the if-archive.
- Technical articles from tads.org, including Eric Eve's Getting Started guide. (Many of these articles are now included in the on-line documentation.)
Documentation, Tips, and Examples by Individuals
- Tips on Using TADS 3, collected by Jim Aikin.
- TADS 3: All in One Place by Greg Boettcher.
- TADS 3 Pages by Søren J. Løvborg.
- TADS 3 Library Proto-Documentation by Edward L. Stauff.
- A Comparison of TADS 3 and Inform 7 by Eric Eve.
- XYZZY Review for "Best Technological Development (re: TADS 3.1) by Iain Merrick.
|By style||Parser • Choice • Parser-choice hybrid|
|By system||Browser • Android • iOS • Linux • macOS • Windows|
|Browse||Stable authoring systems • •|
|Other software||Interpreters • Utilities|