A walkthrough is a list of commands; one that will typically, if entered into a game, produce a winning ending.
Extensive walkthroughs explain why to perform the various actions, and may include a number of optional commands that are not necessary to achieve a winning state, but which are required for the player to understand the plot of the game, to get a higher score than necessary to win, or just to observe the game's more interesting aspects.
Abrupt walkthroughs also exist which only offer the sequence of actions absolutely required to reach a win, or in the case of multilinear games, one of the better endings.
- Solutions directory and Mirror at the IF Archive.
- CASA: The Classic Adventures Solution Archive.
- Adventure Solutions (archive) by Dorothy Millard. Hundreds of walkthroughs for older text adventures.
- Key & Compass - IF Games Index. Listing includes links to walkthroughs by David Welbourn.
- Walkthroughs in the IF Gems review quotes collection (also available from the IF Archive).
- Walkthrough at TV Tropes Wiki.