Figueres in my Basement
|Figueres in my Basement|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
The player is instructed to enter a "word of significance" from the text to alter the poem. The opening two lines of a poem is:
- I had
Figueres in my basement
- Poetry generator in the style of, and inspired by The Space Under the Window (Andrew Plotkin; 1997). There is no player character, no location, and no world model in this game. You are simply generating a poem.
- All standard commands are disabled including out-of-world commands such as RESTART, UNDO, and QUIT. Instead, the player types in a word from the poem so far. Words chosen from the final line so far extend the poem. Choosing a word from an earlier line will shorten the poem, backtracking to that point.
- After the two-verse poem is complete, the offered choices in the end-of-game question are somewhat different than the usual:
- Would you like to KEEP this poem, CREATE a new poem, SHOW the poem again, FIND a kept poem, view the CREDITS, or say GOODBYE?
- Figueres in my Basement (Kazuki Mishima; 15-Jan-2010; Z-code).