|Author(s)||Aaron A. Reed|
|Release date(s)||preview: 02-Apr-2008|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
How It Begins
Release 1 (Competition release)
- Blue Lacuna: Sneak Preview (Aaron A. Reed; 02-Apr-2008; Glulx).
- Beta-testing by Basti, Emily Boegheim, George Oliver, HenryMikel, James Jolley, Jeremy Rishe, Justin Lowmaster, Katzy, Lynnutte, Mario Carneiro, Poster, Sharon Rishe, and Victor Gijsbers.
- Release 1 / Serial number 080402 / Inform 7 build 5J39 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/11N)
- IFID: 3c25abf2-c0ea-4388-a69d-b38b87577b13
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- Spring Thing 2008: 3rd place of 3 games.
- Download bl-preview-1.zip from the comp site.
- Or Download BlueLacuna.zip from the IF Archive
Release 1 (Full version)
- Blue Lacuna (Aaron A. Reed; 26-Jan-2009; Glulx).
- Beta-testing by Alexei Othenin-Girard, Basti, Depresiv, Doug Egan, Emily Boegheim, George Oliver, HenryMikel, James Jolley, Jeremy Rishe, Justin Lowmaster, katzy, Lynnutte, Mario Carneiro, Neale, Scott Maddix, Sharon Rishe, Stephanie Camus, and Victor Gijsbers.
- Release 1 / Serial number 090126 / Inform 7 build 5U92 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 3C25ABF2-C0EA-4388-A69D-B38B87577B13
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- XYZZY Awards 2009: Winner of four awards: Best Game, Best Story, Best Writing (tie), and Best Use of Medium. Was also a finalist for Best NPCs and Best Individual NPC (Progue).
- Visit the author's download page for downloads of this game.
The full version of Blue Lacuna was released in tandem with a promotional web-experience called "blueful", where one followed a trail of links through several popular websites. See the Links section below for more about "blueful".
- Official Website & Hints
- Baf's Guide line wanted. (Please replace this line with a baf game template.)
- Blue Lacuna - at IFDB.
- Blue Lacuna - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Blue Lacuna is officially released! - Announcement on author's blog; January 28, 2009. Quote: "Blue Lacuna technically went live on Monday morning when blueful launched."
- Spotlight on Aaron Reed's Blue Lacuna - SPAG #54, March 31, 2009.
- Blue Lacuna Source Code - Aaron announces the release of the game's source code on August 14, 2010.
The "blueful" promotion
- blueful.com - blueful homepage.
- blueful - Announcement on author's blog; January 26, 2009.
- Blueful - Announcement on Christopher Armstrong's blog; January 26, 2009.
- brasslantern: Aaron Reed launches prelude to Blue Lacuna - Announcement by brasslantern via Twitter; January 26, 2009.
- blueful - Announcement on Mike Rubin's blog; January 27, 2009.
See also: reactions and quotes.
- Review at Jay is Games by Karl.
- Exploring the 'Best Games': Blue Lacuna, by Aaron Reed - by Mathbrush.
- Review: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review at IF-Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review (archived) at Play This Thing!, review at GameSetWatch, and blog review (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6) - by Emily Short.