|Links||Home page Download|
|Systems||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Latest version||2.0 / 16 Feb 2022|
|Used by||Emglken, Gargoyle, Spatterlight|
|Notes||Note that this interpreter cannot simply be downloaded and run to play game files.|
|Browse the software database|
|Edit this infobox|
Bocfel is an interpreter for the Z-machine, made by Chris Spiegel.
It fully supports Z-machine versions 1-5, 7, 8, and contains partial support for version 6.
- Almost no platform-specific functions are used—and those that are used are optional—so almost any system with a recent C compiler should be able to build and run Bocfel.
- Makes use of Glk for input/output, with complete support for Gargoyle; a non-Glk "dumb" interface is also available.
- Support (assuming a font with Unicode box-drawing characters) for the character graphics font used by Beyond Zork.
- Unicode support.
- Multiple undo in almost all games, including those which do not natively support it.
- Full control over command recording, transcripting, and command-record playback.
- Rudimentary "cheating" support, designed to disable hunger and thirst daemons.
|By format||ADRIFT • AdvSys • AGT • Alan • Glulx • Hugo • Magnetic Scrolls • TADS • Z-code|
|By system||Browser • Android • iOS • Linux • macOS • Windows|
|Browse||Recommended interpreters • Search form • Drilldown|
|Other software||Authoring systems • Utilities|