The sixty-third Speed-IF, called bouchercomp, ran from May 27 to May 28 or so, 2008. katre declared his intention to write a speed-if game based on boucher's current ifMud disconnect message, and other people said "oh, is there a speed running?" and wrote some games too.
P.S.: boucher tells us that his disconnect was inspired by this sketch on The State.
</boucher> No one has ever escaped from Lowell Prison. Why? Because there's only two ways out of here. One is dead in a pine box, and the other is that big wide-open gate over there, which I ask you seriously to please, please stay away from.
- Escape from Lowell Prison (Doug Jones; 01-Jun-2008; TADS 3). File: Lowell.t3
- Lowell Prison (Emily Short; 27-May-2008; Glulx). File: Lowell Prison.gblorb
- Lowell's Paradise (Jesse McGrew; 28-May-2008; Z-code). File: lowell.zblorb
- Pick up the pine box and die (Taleslinger as "Alan Smithee"; 28-May-2008; Z-code). File: putpbad.z5
- Seeking Solace (Justin Larue; 27-May-2008; Z-code). File: Seeking Solace.zblorb
- The Wide-Open Gate (John Cater as "katre"; 28-May-2008; Z-code). File: wide-open-gate.z5
Download bouchercomp.zip from the IF Archive - The entire collection.
Previous: Spring Speed-IF 2008 / Next: New New Year's Speed IF