|Author(s)||C. E. Forman|
|Authoring system||Inform 5|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
(It begins with a quote from "Neuromancer" by William Gibson, then another quote from "Dune" by Frank Herbert.)
Reality is so... unreal. You're an employee of the Project, testing virtual realities for almost five years, becoming and unbecoming up to fifteen times a day. At times like this, you think that reality contains infinite variations of itself, since everyone experiences reality differently and without consensus.
Inside the spinning Sphere, all five senses are wiped clean, and a new reality forms: a coral reef, and you are a fish. Justy's disembodied voice asks you to take a test swim through the simulation so they can check for overload potential. Also, Cynthesiser's running an analysis sweep so there might be some slight distortion, but don't worry about it. You can swim east or west.
Release 1 (First competition release)
Release 2 (Second competition release)
- Delusions (C. E. Forman as "the author"; 21-Oct-1996; Z-code 5).
- Release 2 / Serial number 961021 / Inform v1502 Library 5/12
- SPECIAL COMPETITION RELEASE -- PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE!
- From the "HELP" text of the game:
- Second 1996 I-F Competition release. Temporarily removes the initial large epigram, fixing problems with the Frotz interpreter. (Please do not distribute this release outside of GMD, as the author's name and contact information are not prominent. Once all the votes are in, a fully-distributable version will be uploaded.)
- Delusions (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Delusions - at IFDB.
- Delusions - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Delusions - at SPAG.
- Delusions - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review (archive) - by Duncan Stevens.