Douglas Noel Adams was a script writer and novelist best known for his Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy stories. He was also fascinated with information technology, especially hypertext and computer games, and collaborated with Infocom on two text-adventure games.
Douglas Adams died on May, 11th, 2001. One of the tributes to him was the DNA Tribute Speed-IF.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (with Steve Meretzky, publisher: Infocom; 1984; Z-code).
- Bureaucracy (publisher: Infocom; 1987; Z-code).
- Starship Titanic (publishers: The Digital Village and Simon & Schuster Interactive; 1998). Graphic adventure game.
- DNA Tribute Speed-IF, a minicomp that was dedicated to Douglas Adams.
- Douglas Adams' Official Home Page
- Floor 42: A Douglas Adams Fan Site
- Douglas Adams at TV Tropes Wiki.
- Douglas Adams at Wikipedia.
- Douglas Adams: The First and Last Tapes by Ian Shircore, from unreleased interview tapes from 1979.
- So long, and thanks for the adventure - Micro Adventurer #16, February 1985, pp 9-10.
- "In Conversation with Douglas Adams" - Matt Newsome of Interactive Fiction Now interviewed Douglas Adams in March 1998. This interview was republished in May 2001 as Matt's tribute to Douglas Adams.