Beet the Devil
(Redirected from IFID:37C28BEB-E353-4FA3-A1F0-B67F772488EF)
|Beet the Devil|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
The PC is a non-too-bright parish gardener whose dog has just given birth to puppies. The game begins at dawn in your hut when a howling racket awakens you. The PC rapidly concludes that demons have stolen his dog and sets out to rescue her, armed mostly with grace but also with vegetables.
Trivia and Comments
- The title is very likely a pun on Beat the Devil (Robert M. Camisa; 1999; Z-code 5) which was entered in IF Comp 1999.
- Beet the Devil (Carolyn VanEseltine; 01-Oct-2011; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 110930 / Inform 7 build 6G60 (I6/v6.32 lib 6/12N)
- IFID: 37C28BEB-E353-4FA3-A1F0-B67F772488EF
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- IF Comp 2011: 7th place of 38 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2011: Finalist, Best Individual NPC (the puppy).
- Download Beet%20the%20Devil.gblorb from the IF Archive.
- Play it online.
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review (in German) by Martin Barth.
- Review by Mr Creosote.
- Review by George Dorn.
- Review by Elizabeth (runnerchild).
- Review by David Fletcher.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Hipolito.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Amanda Lange.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review by Ron Newcomb.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by TempestDash.
- Review by Matt Weiner.
- Review by Matt Wigdahl.