(Redirected from IFID:TADS2-CDE6855B4B8927998D311E372B07D86E)
|Authoring system||TADS 2.2|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are first asked if you want to skip the introduction (y/N).
You are the youngest knight in King Dargon's service. Queen Dahra is deathly ill, and the kingdom is in turmoil.
You are standing outside a locked bronze door deep in the tunnels under the Dark Mountains. You carry only a brass lantern (very low on fuel) and a scroll (which when read, should open any lock); all your other possessions were lost or used up in the journey to get here. You were sent on this fool's quest to find and bring back the Stone of Aayela, a perfect crystal in which Heliax the Wizard supposedly imprisoned Aayela, a spirit of light, and which may be the only cure for the queen's illness.
- Most of the game takes place in darkness.
- Set in the same world as Uncle Zebulon's Will (Magnus Olsson; 1995; TADS).
- Aayela (Magnus Olsson; 15-Oct-1996; TADS 2.2).
- Release 1.1 / 961015
- IFID: TADS2-CDE6855B4B8927998D311E372B07D86E
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 1996: 10th place of 27 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 1996: Was a finalist for Best Writing.
- Download aayela.gam from the IF Archive - the story file.
- Download readme from the IF Archive - a brief note from the author.
- Download walkthru.txt from the IF Archive - the official walkthrough from the author.
- Aayela (Magnus Olsson; 15-Aug-2001; TADS 2).
- Aayela (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Aayela - at IFDB.
- Aayela - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Aayela reviews at SPAG by John Wood and C. E. Forman.
- Aayela - at IF Ratings
- Aayela - at IFReviews.org.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.